Saturday, May 26, 2012

Taking Meds Can Be A Pain.......Literally                I used to struggle taking my meds.  Let's face it,  looking at a hand full of pills every morning isn't too appetizing.  In addition to that, meds can be hard on our stomachs.  I have found two things that help me in this department.  First of all, I take Zantac every day. I had acid reflux before I was diagnosed with RA.  Taking all these medications hasn't helped that issue any. I also take my meds in the morning with yogurt. Then I drink a glass of water. Yogurt coats the capsules and other meds and the yogurt seems to protect my stomach.  I am not a doctor, or a health care professional of any kind.  I am just sharing my personal experience. On the days I take Methotrexate, I take it after a full meal, and usually in the evening.  This seems to minimize any gastrointestional upset for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment