Thursday, August 29, 2013

Tomorrow Is My Big Day


It’s almost here…the first time I see my rheumatologist since Orencia has failed.  I say it has failed.  Not sure she will agree.  We shall see.

My CRP used to be under 3 because Orencia worked so well for me.  Blood test two weeks ago said it was 28.6…the highest CRP I have ever had.

I am sero-negative, so my RD watches my CRP to track my disease.  It will be interesting to see what she has to say.

I was lucky with Orencia.  I had no side effects………….not even an injection.

Now I am wondering if she will suggest Orencia infusions, or abandon it altogether.  After thinking about it for a while, I imagine we will move on to another biologic.

My first biologic was Humira.  It didn’t help much, but it did lower my CRP slightly. My rheumatologist wasn’t impressed, and so we moved on to Orencia.  That was a year ago.

My mind is going through the list of available biologics, and I am not sure I like any of them…except for another TNF blocker.  Anti-TNF’s give me the least amount of “pause”.

Then there is Rituxan and Actemra. My mind is not ready to go there yet.  I have a fear of these biologics.  I know they are hard on the body, and I’m not ready to go there yet.

I do know one thing.  I have a wonderful rheumatologist who does not rush me out of the exam room.  She is patient and willing to offer options to me and then ask for my input.  I trust her.  I just realized how much I trust her.  Everything is going to be okay

No comments:

Post a Comment